The Voices Yorkshire Music Library is a simple to use resource for any choir, group or musician wanting to borrow any of the titles available.
Simply browse the list via the link below, then contact the Yorkshire College of Music and Drama in Leeds, where the library resides, either by telephone on 0113 423 1605 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and arrange everything through them.
The charges, terms and conditions of borrowing items are set out below. If you have any titles you would like to donate to the library, please just get in touch.
CHARGES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MUSIC HIRE
Large vocal scores £1.25 per item per 90 days; or
Octavo choral leaflets 50p per item per 90 days.
An invoice will follow separately for postage which will be charged at cost in addition to the hire charge. Return postage is at the borrower’s cost. However, music is held at the Yorkshire College of Music and Drama (‘YCMD’) at St Mark’s House, 1 St Mark’s Avenue, Leeds LS2 9BN and can be collected and returned by prior arrangement by telephone (0113 243 1605) or email (email@example.com).
Payments are to be made prior to any music being released to the YCMD by cheque, credit card or cash.
Terms and Conditions
To help us promote and prolong the use of our performance music please adhere to the following conditions:
- The borrower is responsible for each item of music loaned to it.
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to check the contents of each set at the time of issue and report any discrepancies to YCMD immediately.
- If markings are unavoidable they should be made lightly with a soft pencil and erased before returning each set. Any sets found to have suffered further damage on return will not be accepted and may incur further charges.
- Please do not stick extra labels on copies for numbering purposes.
- Music is subject to current copyright laws and any performances of music still in copyright must be reported to the PRS.
All items borrowed must be returned on time and in good condition (please be considerate as other borrowers may be waiting for your music which they will expect to receive on time, complete and in good condition). If not, the following fines may be applied as appropriate (all fines are to be paid either when the sets are returned or within 14 days of issue, whichever is the soonest):
- 50p per day on all overdue items;
- the replacement cost will be charged for each damaged or missing item. If the item is out of print or irreplaceable, a charge of £3.00 per item will be made.
No loans will be made to a borrower with outstanding accounts or items overdue.